0Shares0000Novak Djokovic hasn’t played competitively since a right elbow problem forced him to quit Wimbledon in the quarter-finals in July © AFP/File / GLYN KIRKMELBOURNE, Australia, Jan 8 – Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic will use the Kooyong Classic starting Tuesday as a convenient emergency stop to gain much-needed match practice as the pair return from injury in time for the Australian Open.Not since the glory days of Andre Agassi and Pete Sampras nearly two decades ago and more recently Roger Federer, has the long-time exhibition event hosted as distinguished a field. The upcoming edition will feature five of the world’s top 10, including ATP Finals runner-up and two-time Kooyong champion David Goffin, Austrian Dominic Thiem, Croat Marin Cilic and Spain’s Pablo Carreno Busta.Under the ad-hoc rules, late additions Nadal and Djokovic will be playing practice matches.World number one Nadal, who missed the warm-up Brisbane International last week with a knee injury, is set for just one appearance on Tuesday when he faces France’s Richard Gasquet.Djokovic, who hasn’t played competitively since a right elbow problem forced him to quit Wimbledon in the quarter-finals in July, is due on court on Wednesday to play Thiem.“The addition of both Novak and Rafa changes our schedule and the way we will run the four days but that’s what Kooyong is all about, we are here to help the players get ready for the Open,” said tournament director Peter Johnston.The women’s draw, now into a second season after being introduced in 2017, includes new Hopman Cup champion Belinda Bencic of Switzerland, German Andrea Petkovic, Aussie teen Destanee Aiava and young Chinese star Wang Xinyu.Pat Cash, the 1987 Australian Open winner who now coaches American CoCo Vandeweghe, serves as official ambassador for the event and said it would be good preparation for Djokovic and Nadal.“Everyone will be watching Rafa’s legs and Novak’s arm,” he said.“It can make for a very exciting week of tennis. Both guys had good preparation, they just suffered setbacks. But when those come within a couple of weeks from the Australian Open, it’s a bit of a worry.“They have to be absolutely ready, players can be quite anxious about it all.”The first day of play features four matches, with Nadal against Gasquet, Goffin facing Carreno Busta and wayward Australian Bernard Tomic taking on Japan’s Yoshihito Nishioka.Among the women, young Australian Aiava plays Petkovic.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
The water supply between Ballindrait and Tober in Lifford is off again.This is the third time in less than a week that the supply has dried up.Local county councillor Gerry Crawford has said the situation is simply not on. He said “This is three times now in the last week that the people of this Area have been denied their right to a proper water supply.”Cllr Crawford has been in contact with Irish Water and strongly condemned what he has called the ongoing nonsense of the delay in replacing this very problematic supply line.“This denial of a proper supply to the wider Tober area must end,” he added.Uproar as Lifford water supply off for third time in a week was last modified: September 17th, 2019 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:ballindraitLiffordOFFsupplyToberwater
NAPA — Are we about to find out whether a helmet is worth $30 million?A statement made on Twitter by NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy makes it seem unlikely Raiders wide receiver Antonio Brown would be approved to wear a helmet that doesn’t meet current National Operating Committee for Standards of Athletic Equipment specifications.The tweet doesn’t specify Brown by name, but reads “The player can’t practice or play in games with equipment that’s not approved. If he doesn’t play or practice he …
Essential Reading! Get my 3rd book: Eat Their Lunch “The first ever playbook for B2B salespeople on how to win clients and customers who are already being serviced by your competition.” Buy Now Two runners step up the starting line.The first runner is wearing the most technologically advanced, aerodynamic running gear ever created. It reduces drag by 14% as compared with any other fabric used to make running clothes. It is the best and most expensive running gear available.The second runner is wearing the cheapest, least aerodynamic sweat suit available. It is very old and worn, and purchased it at a retailer because of its low price. It’s embarrassing.The first runner is wearing the newest shoes made by the finest running shoe manufacturer on Earth. Not only do they weigh less than any other shoe by the widest of margins, they also do more to protect the runners feet and legs from fatigue. The best runners run longer and faster in these shoes.The second runner is wearing an ordinary pair of cheap running shoes. They are nowhere near as light as the first runner’s shoes, nor do they do anything to protect this runner’s feet or legs from fatigue. There is no evidence that any runner is faster in these shoes, and there is good reason to believe the heavier weight reduces performance.The first runner has a sports drink specifically designed to provide everything a runner needs to improve their performance, including the electrolytes and other minerals that have proven under rigorous, scientific study to improve performance against any other liquid one might consume while running.The second runner has water. Not even bottled water. The water this runner intends to drink is tap water from their kitchen sink.The first runner is wearing the best running watch and heart rate monitor, allowing this runner to manage their heart rate and their split times, and a host of other measurements important to winning a race. This runner looks like a world champion.The second runners has no watch or heart rate monitor, and is wearing wrist bands and a head band that makes them look like something straight out of 1974.Which runner wins the race?How You LoseThe first runner, the one with all the professional gear, is poorly trained, has incredibly bad form and, despite the appearances to the contrary, isn’t a very experienced or fast runner. This runner has never done the work it takes to run this race—or any like it.The second runner, despite their lack of gear and their appearance, is well-trained, has perfect form, has years of experiencing racing, and is very fast over long distances, having done all the work necessary to have achieved this state.It’s Not the GearThere is no gear or tool available to you that will allow you make up for a lack of the fundamentals of success necessary in any human endeavor. Trying to replace the mindset and skill sets with the accoutrements is a fool’s errand. Worse still, avoiding doing the work necessary to build the competencies required of you is not only negligent, it’s how you push the results you want further away from you into a future that cannot arrive without you doing what is necessary to bring it to life.
Members of the Congress party stalled the proceedings of the Odisha Assembly several times on Wednesday demanding a clarification from Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on the ruling Biju Janata Dal’s support to Bharatiya Janata Party’s nominee Aswini Kumar Vaishnaw in the Rajya Sabha bypolls in the State.‘Mining mafia links’The issue was raised by Congress Legislature Party leader Narasingha Mishra who accused Mr. Vaishnaw, a former IAS officer, of being hand in glove with the mining mafia. He claimed to have documents to show in how many mining scams Mr. Vaishnaw was involved.Mr. Mishra alleged that the BJP nominee’s name also “figured in the list of beneficiaries in the discretionary quota scam” pertaining to allotment of land and houses to influential persons in the State. The veteran Congress leaders sought to know how Mr. Vaishnaw’s candidature will help protect the interest of the State.Mr. Mishra criticised the BJP for making Mr. Vaishnaw its candidate for the Rajya Sabha. “The BJP has no moral right to claim to be the Opposition party in Odisha because it is hand in glove with the BJD,” he said.Slogans raisedSeveral Congress members also rushed to the well of the House raising slogans against the BJD and the BJP, alleging that both parties had nexus with mining companies.Speaker Surjya Narayan Patro adjourned the proceedings of the House at least five times before holding an all-party meeting to end the deadlock.Mr. Vaishnaw, who was in the Assembly premises to enquire about his candidature for the Rajya Sabha polls, told media persons that he had nothing to hide and will talk about the controversy once the election process was over.While announcing the names of Amar Patnaik and Sasmit Patra as BJD’s candidates for the Rajya Sabha bypolls, the Chief Minister had announced that his party will support the BJP nominee for the third seat.
The Kyrie Irving trade talks have somehow reached a stalemate, up until the Boston Celtics shocked the world and announced that they had acquired the prolific point guard in a blockbuster swap on Tuesday (Wednesday in Manila).READ: Cavaliers trade Irving to Celtics for Thomas — sourceADVERTISEMENT We have acquired four-time All-Star @KyrieIrving in a trade with the @cavs.📝: https://t.co/BsoQtsX2FD pic.twitter.com/TqYQnXsYwyFEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSBoxers Pacquiao, Petecio torchbearers for SEA Games opening— Boston Celtics (@celtics) August 23, 2017 NATO’s aging eye in the sky to get a last overhaul — Isaiah Thomas (@Isaiah_Thomas) July 2, 2017Screen Grab from TwitterScreen Grab from TwitterPortland Trailblazers guard Evan Turner also chimed in, acknowledging Thomas’ massive contributions to the Celtics for the past two and a half seasons.Screen Grab from Twitter/@thekidetMeanwhile, NBA fans also took to Twitter to address the trade, with some offering humorous responses. /ra“Why Kyrie 3 feet shorter” pic.twitter.com/FRLFvoDHQI— ainge pls (@MPleasing69) August 22, 2017 It needed a slight adjustment, but this is basically what a Kyrie-Isaiah swap looks like. pic.twitter.com/x1dkCTF9R1— Hardwood Paroxysm (@HPbasketball) August 22, 2017 Hotel says PH coach apologized for ‘kikiam for breakfast’ claim Kyrie-for-Isaiah the strongest evidence yet we live in a simulation— Dylan Scott (@dylanlscott) August 22, 2017 Kyrie Irving for Isaiah Thomas would mean trading the No. 1 pick for the 60th pick from the 2011 draft.— Chris Martin Palmer (@ChrisPalmerNBA) August 22, 2017 Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games MOST READ PH gets bronze medals in table tennis, javelin throw Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong protesters LATEST STORIES Robredo should’ve resigned as drug czar after lack of trust issue – Panelo Celebrity chef Gary Rhodes dies at 59 with wife by his side The seemingly out-of-nowhere trade sent shock waves to the league, considering it involved the top two teams in the Eastern Conference and two of the NBA’s most skilled guards.NBA pros quickly shared their reactions on Twitter, in what may be the biggest deal in this action-packed off-season.Fellow NBA guards Jordan Clarkson, Elfrid Payton, Jamal Crawford , Eric Bledsoe and Terrence Ross weighed in on the league’s latest massive shake-up.Screen Grab from TwitterSome, meanwhile, let the emojis do the talking, highlighted by Rudy Gobert’s apparent shot at Isaiah Thomas for his earlier tweet.🌴🏆🏆🏆☘️🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🎷🙅🏾♂️ADVERTISEMENT Pagasa: Storm intensifies as it nears PAR View comments Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’
TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Ex-Real Madrid president Calderon: Mourinho only coach Florentino trustsby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveFormer Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon can see Jose Mourinho making a return.Calderon’s successor at Real, Florentino Perez, has been in contact with Mourinho – though that was before his sacking by Manchester United this week.Perez wanted Mourinho to replace Julen Lopetegui before he handed Santiago Solari a three-year contract.Calderon said, “A return for Mourinho to Real Madrid? Everyone here knows that it’s up to the president. I think he is the only coach he respects. The current president does not really trust the coaches. But in the case of Mourinho, he really, really supported him several times in difficult times. “When Lopetegui left, I said, ‘I’m sure Mourinho will be here and I do not exclude that he will be in Real in the near future’.”
Approximately 255 young people benefited from the sessions, which were held across the island over two weeks from October 25 to November 7. These include youth offenders in juvenile centres, probationers, and unattached young people. The Ministry of National Security has intensified its efforts to tackle youth involvement in crime with the recent staging of six anti-gang sensitisation sessions.Approximately 255 young people benefited from the sessions, which were held across the island over two weeks from October 25 to November 7. These include youth offenders in juvenile centres, probationers, and unattached young people.Focus was placed on equipping the participants with life and entrepreneurial skills and conflict resolution techniques.The sessions, under the theme ‘Make the Choice to take a Chance and Change Your Life’, were a joint effort between the ‘We Transform Programme’ and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) aimed at deterring youth from engaging in illicit activities, especially gang involvement.Minister of State in the Ministry, Hon. Rudyard Spencer, said the initiative reflects a commitment to implementing programmes that deter youth from crime.This, he said, is in keeping with the Rehabilitation and Redemption and Crime Prevention through Social Development pillars of the Ministry’s five-pillar crime strategy.“The intention is to stimulate prosocial values, attitudes and behaviour. This approach will re-socialise mindsets and promote respect for self, others and community,” he noted.Acting We Transform Programme Manager, Steffani King-Halstead, told JIS News that the sessions were a success.She said that the objective was to “encourage the successful rehabilitation and reintegration of the children/youth who are in or have been in correctional facilities into society, through the We Transform Programme, and we are delighted to observe the impact of the sessions on them”.Daniel*, a probationer, who attended the final event at Hotel Grandiosa in Montego Bay, St James, on Wednesday (November 7), said that the session was “enlightening because it showed me how to stay away from negative influences, control my anger and also about conflict resolution”.The 19-year-old, who was sentenced to three years probation in 2017 for illegal possession of a weapon, noted that these initiatives are important in enabling youths to resist becoming involved in crime.“The Ministry has been important to persons like myself staying on the straight and narrow path, so I am very grateful for the effort they have made. I am not sure where I would have been without them as I have been receiving a lot of help from them, including enrolling me at the HEART Trust/NTA to be trained in general construction,” he noted.The sensitisation sessions are a follow-up to Anti-Gang Week held in September, where the Ministry coordinated activities under the theme ‘Gang Life Equals no Life,’ and targeted youths who are predisposed to involvement in gangs. The Ministry of National Security has intensified its efforts to tackle youth involvement in crime with the recent staging of six anti-gang sensitisation sessions. Story Highlights Focus was placed on equipping the participants with life and entrepreneurial skills and conflict resolution techniques.
On Sunday, June 4, 2017, Kimberly Williams-Paisley and The Blair Garner Show will host the inaugural “Disco Party” to benefit the Alzheimer’s Association.Taking on a new twist to raise awareness in the fight to end Alzheimer’s disease, Brad Paisley and top country artists will perform disco hits from the 1970s and 1980s.“The Alzheimer’s cause is important to our family. After we lost my mom to this devastating disease earlier this year, we wanted to help raise more awareness and funds for research. What better way to do that than to harness the amazing talent here in Nashville,” said Kimberly Williams-Paisley. “In addition to Brad’s performance, we are looking forward to revealing other artists who will be showing their funky side. It’ll be a one-of-a-kind event that fans and generous supporters of the cause will not be able to experience anywhere else.”A chance to win a trip to the Disco Party as the personal guest of Kimberly Williams-Paisley and Brad Paisley is available through Prizeo.com. For each $10 donation to the Alzheimer’s Association at Prizeo.com/DiscoParty, fans will be entered to win airfare, hotel accommodations, and VIP tickets to the Disco Party for the winner and a guest, as well as the opportunity to meet Kimberly and Brad at the event. Donations to enter may be made until 3:59 p.m. PDT on May 16.This groovy evening in Nashville will also include a silent auction with exclusive packages available for bidding both in person and online.Where: Wildhorse Saloon, 120 2nd Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37201When: June 4, 2017 at 6 p.m. CDTTickets: General admission tickets: $40-$100 (Available via Ticketmaster)VIP Table Packages Available (Visit www.alz.org/discoparty for more information)This is the inaugural Disco Party benefiting the Alzheimer’s Association and is led by a volunteer committee of Kimberly Williams-Paisley, John Shomby and Blair and Eric Garner. Funds raised through the Disco Party support the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association. For more information and to purchase tickets, please visit www.alz.org/discoparty.
The bill proposes a new way of handling environmental assessments on large natural resource projects, including oil pipelines and mining operations.Notley has said she is concerned the changes would impinge on a provincial right to manage resources.She also has said the proposed rules and timelines could be so onerous they would discourage companies from pursuing mega-projects. EDMONTON, A.B. – Alberta Premier Rachel Notley is to make her case in person to a Senate committee studying proposed legislation that would change how major energy projects are approved.Notley is to appear before the energy, environment and natural resources committee on Thursday.She and her government have already spoken out against Bill C-69, which has passed in the House of Commons and is now before the Senate.